Saturday, August 30, 2008

Well, crap...

Well, screw you Home Depot.

Long and boring story made short and boring.  My wife and I needed to replace our toilet, the old one had a cracked tank and had been slowly leaking for about a month... So we drop $300 at Home Depot and buy a nice new one. The instructions quite clearly call for 12" of distance between the bolts in the floor and the wall.  We've got 12.3", so its going to be a tight fit, but workable.

We set the thing up, and do a rough fit before we tighten all the screws... waaay less than .3", in fact its more like 0" of clearance. The tank is touching the wall... Well, crap, we say to ourselves but decide to proceed anyway. Leaks from every seal and the toilet is totally off level.  No way in hell that we can make this $300 toilet work.

So, I now have two toilets in my bathroom and I can't used either of them. Plus, a nice open pipe that leads straight to the sewer. ARRRGH!

No comments: